Updated: Dec 22, 2018
We were just told results aren’t expected until the end of the week. Initial tests have all been inconclusive and additional stains just take a long time. We’ve been assured they’re working as quickly as possible We’ve been transferred to oncology and were asked to submit her “abnormal tissue” into a pediatric cancer research study. They still say they don’t know what it is. They look like they’re being fully upfront but it’s hard to feel that way given the circumstances. Thankfully my sister in law just took Gabriel and is happy to watch him for as long as she needs, but it’s been almost a week and I miss him. Now Reed and I need to figure out a realistic work arrangement. We both need to work. I’m not even sure what to do at this point. And still waiting for the phone call from hospice letting me know my dad has finally passed... to cancer.